THIS COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE REFERS TO OUR APPROVED TRADESPEOPLE THAT CARRY OUT HOME IMPROVEMENTS ONLY. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A BUSINESS CHOSEN FROM THE LIVE LISTINGS DIRECTORY, YOU WILL NEED TO TAKE THE COMPLAINT UP WITH THEM DIRECTLY.
We hope that you will not need to use this process. If we have carried out our checks correctly, the business you use should treat you fairly. However, we recognise that sometimes things will go wrong and this document explains how we will deal with any complaints that you may have about the business you have used.
1. If you have reason to complain about the standard of home improvement work that an approved tradesperson has provided for you, please raise your complaint with the business concerned at the earliest opportunity. We recommend that you speak to someone who is authorised to make decisions within the business. It may be that you are dealing with a sole trader, in which case there will be only one person to speak to, or the company may be bigger and you will need to raise the complaint with a manager or company owner.
2. If you are not satisfied with the response or the resolution offered by the business, you should complain formally by emailing or writing to the business, addressing your letter to the owner. Explain why you are not satisfied with the service you have received and why you think your complaint has not been resolved. You should ask the business to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time frame such as 10 days. Ensure that you keep a copy of your letter.
3. Hopefully, the business will deal with your complaint to your satisfaction, but if it remains unresolved, please contact “No Rogue Traders Here” using our contact page at www.noroguetradershere.com or writing to us at our address, explaining what has happened and what you have done so far to try to resolve it. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours and will attempt to resolve your complaint within 14 days.
4. We will investigate your complaint with the business to determine who is at fault and what the possible solutions are. We will try to arrive at a solution that is acceptable to both parties. Where there is a difference of opinion about the standard of work or the price charged, we reserve the right to appoint a third party tradesperson taken from our list of approved traders to provide an independent opinion to inform our decision making process.
5. We will inform both parties of the result of our investigation and invite both to agree to our recommendations. If one or more party does not agree with our recommendations then we will pass the complaint to Trading Standards (where the dispute does not exceed £5000) to carry out its own enquiries.
6. Businesses who are members of our approved trader scheme have all agreed to be bound by the decision of Trading Standards should any dispute with a customer reach this stage. Trading Standards will investigate the complaint independently and decide whether the complaint is justified or not.
7. All our member traders have agreed that Trading Standards can share the results of its complaint investigations with us. Where we feel that the results of a Trading Standards investigation demonstrate that a trader has not behaved fairly towards a customer, we reserve the right to expel the trader from “No Rogue Traders Here” If the results of the Trading Standards investigation are inconclusive and Trading Standards is unable to reach a decision, the consumer may pursue the complaint through the small claims court.