THIS CUSTOMER CHARTER REFERS TO APPROVED TRADESPEOPLE THAT CARRY OUT HOME IMPROVEMENTS ONLY.
At No Rogue Traders Here we feel we have a duty to provide you with the very best of the best when it comes to choosing tradespeople that provide home improvement services. We have closely examined the approved tradespeople (not businesses on our live services directory) on this website that provides home improvement services and meet each and every one of them face to face. No stone will go uncovered when we begin our extensive and comprehensive checks.
This is what you can expect for approved Tradespeople that carry out home improvements, (not live listing services) that we have approved.
- They will supply a written or verbal quotation within 7 full working days prior to and before any work is carried out that complies with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 that came into legal force on Friday 13th June 2014. Failure to comply with this legislation is an offence and may make the contract unenforceable.
- They will inform the customer before undertaking any work that may incur extra costs, and create an additional contract to include any variations to the original.
- They will agree to be rated on every job/service that they undertake.
- If you are in a position where a trader does not normally cover the work that you require they will refer you back to NRTH to arrange for up to 3 businesses registered on the site to contact you and provide you with an impartial quote.
- They will have proper licenses and insurance for the areas in which they operate.
- They will commit to high-quality work and service.
- They will be responsible for the work carried out by any job contractors they use (when allowed).
- All work must be carried out by employees of the company registered on this site, apart from occasions when a licensed trader is required i.e electrician, gas engineer, etc. No passing on of leads or subcontracting is allowed.
- They will ensure that all works agreed are both carried out and completed in accordance with the terms of the original quotation and the job specification.
- They will comply with applicable building codes of a given jurisdiction as a minimum standard for construction and comply with structural requirements and health & safety regulations.
- They will leave all areas both clean and tidy upon completion of the contract.
- They will maintain full Public Liability Insurance cover.
- They will inform the customer of any call-out fees before attending.
- They will be realistic when giving a start and completion date for the work.
- They will keep all appointments and be on time.
- If a business cannot carry out or complete the work they will refer them back to the site in order to get someone who can.
- They will be respectful to the customer, their property and their belongings.
- They will deal with all complaints promptly and professionally.
This is a relatively simple set of rules that are not by any means hard to adhere to. No Rogue Traders Here is the first level of consumer protection for customers in the fight to protect themselves and their resources against scammers and fraudsters. No Rogue Traders Here is on the frontline in the battle against trader fraud when it comes to home improvement services.